Easy Snow Ice Cream

Who doesn't love this fluffy, frozen treat? Floridians? Southern Californians? Hawaiians? Get where I'm going with that? I can attest to the fact that this icy indulgence is a staple in my house anytime we get a substantial amount of snow... well, enough snow to scoop several cups from the surface. There is more than one recipe for snow cream, many of which call for sweetened condensed milk. But if you're like me, that ingredient isn't always in the pantry. Therefore, there must be a plan B. My plan B is to use a different method. My Mom's method, which calls for ingredients I always have on hand. It is quite tasty and totally does the trick when it comes to getting my snow cream fix. Don't tell Jimmy Buffett I said this, but THIS is my idea of the perfect frozen concoction.

Please keep in mind that I am no food stylist. I simply plate things up and play with angles to find a shot I'm happy with. My picture is very amateur but it is a picture of my snow cream, nonetheless. I took it outside because I felt the lighting was best... plus I felt snow in the background made it feel more authentic. I got the shot I wanted but I have reason to believe that my toes might have a hint of frostbite. But that's neither here nor there.

Mix together the following ingredients:
1 Cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup sugar
4-5 Cups clean, unpacked snow (I go on the heavy side because I like it a little thicker)

I find that using my stand mixer gives it a smoother consistency but spoon stirring works just fine.

Enjoy! I am off to try and save my ailing toes.






Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! Best recipe ever! Thanks for sharing! Everyone must try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts