I Heart Black and Brown

Who said you can't wear black and brown together? Well, I can assure you it wasn't me. I have always been confused about the taboo attached to this has-been of a fashion faux pas. This outfit might be considered a melting pot of, well, stuff. At first glance, it seems a bit busy. But once I put it all together I thought YES, this is it! Kate Spade probably won't be calling me anytime soon for fashion advice but I can live with that. The red nail polish... I just felt there needed to be something from a different part of the color wheel. I need color. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down with darks and earth tones. As long as there is at least a small touch of color. In this case, red polish does the trick for me. I also love a splash of animal print occasionally, and this scarf seemed like the perfect addition to this outfit. Yes, the glasses are also animal-inspired. Is this too much? Maybe. I typically prefer only ONE piece with animal print. However, the glasses seemed subtle enough so I thought I'd throw them in simply because I think they are way cool.

Warm in black and brown


Comments

Popular Posts