Who made the cut?

This season has been the greatest I’ve ever seen. First off, I am totally digging the new judging panel. I never liked pill-popping Paula very well, I knew I wouldn’t miss Kara, Ellen (although my FAVORITE talk show host) didn’t have enough valuable input, but I was worried Simon was going to be irreplaceable. But boy was I wrong. I liked Simon a lot. He was crass, blunt, and harsh at times but the man knew his stuff! I’m here to say that Steven Tyler is the bomb! And J-Lo...far more lovable than Paula and Kara put together. Secondly, there was more talent this season than I'd ever seen. It's shaping up to be a great season! Here’s my brief take on this year’s lineup.




America’s Top Ten - In order of my own personal preference




Thia Megia - MY FAVIE


I heart Thia Megia. I really really heart her. I honestly can’t say enough good things about her. She’s not the most outstanding singer ever. She still a pup. There’s just something about this girl that makes her my front runner!




Paul McDonald


Paul. He has it. I’m so drawn to him. I love his style. I love his rose jacket. I love his hair. I love his white teeth. Nothing negative to say about my Paul.




Casey Abrams


The show’s own Seth Rogen. Man I love this guy. His sense of humor, his happy personality, his upbeat attitude...he is the total package.




Pia Toscano


This girl not only can saaaaang, but she is gorgeous to boot! Her last performance was AH-MAZ-ING! Top 5 for sure...possibly top 2.




James Durbin


This season’s Adam Lambert? Not quite the screamer, but equally as talented in my opinion. He might get old. That’s the only that about him that worries me.




Scotty McCreery


Such an interesting young man. I like his seemingly gentle nature and his deep voice, but I don’t see him making it very far. Although he IS the only country boy, soooo...




Haley Reinhart


I really like this little cutie. Not sure how far she’ll go, but for the record I like her.




Lauren Alaina


This girl has a set of pipes on her, now! For me, though, it doesn’t take long to get past the awesome singing voice to find the fingernails on the chalkboard. This girl has a pleasant disposition, but she uses it for evil. She and her Mom just annoy me. Can’t help it.






Jacob Lusk


This kid needs to be on Broadway, because on the Idol stage his theatrics just grate on my nerves. He’s truly talented, but I can’t take much of him.




Karen Rodriguez


Who?




Wild Cards - Again, in order the way I rank them.




Stefano Langone


J-Lo’s little hottie. He may be an early cut, but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.




Naima Adedapo


I wanted her to make it. I was glad she got a wild card. She has talent, she has style and I just all around like her.




Ashton Jones


OH-MY-GOSH are you kidding? I can’t STAND this girl! The one and only of the finalists I dislike. She’s a good singer but I don’t like her demeanor. She seems to have too much attitude for me. Too much potential to let things go to her head and act a fool! Yuck!




Sad to see go




Tim Halperin


I don’t suppose he was the greatest singer in the competition. I just liked his look and his personality.




Jovany Barreto


This dude was plain old cool. I must mention that rockin’ 6 pack he showed off in his first audition. Oooh-la-la. Good singer as well. It just wasn’t in the cards for him.




Julie Zorrilla


This competition was just too big for this beautiful girl. I wanted her to stay, but I wasn’t surprised she didn’t.




Kendra Chantelle


I’d have much rather her made it through than Ashton. However, she wasn’t one of my favorites so I’m not sure how much I would’ve cheered for her. She does have a pretty voice though.




Lauren Turner


I’m pretty sure her downfall was due to lack of exposure. Who even knew this girl? Plus her look isn’t near as appealing as some of the others. Still, she had a terrific voice!




Glad to see go




Clint Jun Gamboa


In his first audition, I was a die hard Clint fan! But then came Hollywood. Oh boy did he turn into a diva. And not the good kind. The hateful little troll kind! I totally rooted against this guy!




Brett Loewenstern


Talented, yes. But for whatever reason, I just couldn’t get on board with him. That said, I hope this exposure does jump start a career for him.




JORDAN FLIPPIN’ DORSEY


I.despise.this.guy! Wow he thought he was God’s gift to the world. His arrogance got under my skin in Hollywood week and never left. Ugh. Good riddance!




Rachel Zevita


I was a huge fan of hers at first. I like likeD her style a lot...until her top 24 performance. Who was that girl on the top 24 stage? I lost respect. I’m not a fan of people who try to be something they’re not. I wish good things for her, though.




Robbie Rosen


I’m glad he’s gone...ish. I do like his voice. I’ll give him that. However...forgive me, but there is something hard to watch about his performances. I don’t know. It is what it is.




Ta-Tynisa Wilson


Very pretty girl but I’m pretty sure the judges were left scratching their heads about this one. Her final performance was TERRIBLE. Glad to see her go.

Comments

Popular Posts